“We are very excited to work with Education Elements as a part of our strong investment in our staff. We are poised to make significant progress in personalizing the educational experience for all of our students and this professional development will help us fulfill our long term goals in this endeavor.” –Sean Dusek, superintendent, Kenai Peninsula Borough School District
What is Personalized Learning?
Personalized Learning (PL) redefines the terms teaching and learning by leveraging technology, flexible classroom organization, and student ownership. Students become co-designers in their learning through classroom environments that utilize a combination of collaboration, direct instruction, and student choice. This provides learners an opportunity to work at their own pace, path, and place to better meet their individual needs.
Many of our teachers implement elements of personalized learning in their classrooms right now!
The core four elements of Personalized Learning include:
- What is Personalized Learning?
- Is Personalized Learning the next fad in education or “one more thing”?
- Will teachers be able to truly apply a Personalized Learning approach to all students in a classroom?
- Will we eliminate teachers and put kids on computers to do all of their work?
- This seems like a lot of work, and for what purpose: Why do we need to change and innovate?
- My students are learning, and my classroom is great. Why do I have to “do” this?
- Who is Education Elements and what do they do?
- Do we really need Education Elements? Can’t we just do this ourselves?
- How exactly will Education Elements help me in my classroom?
- I’m a teacher, will I have powerful tools and strategies to help me differentiate instruction and personalize learning for each student?
- Education Elements website
- Personalized Learning Timeline in KPBSD Schools article
- What’s Possible with Personalized Learning? An Overview of Personalized Learning for Schools, Families & Communities by iNACOL
- Why Personalized Learning is Imperative article
- First Steps to Personalized Learning blog
- A Teacher’s Journey Toward Personalized Learning story
- Three minute video:Ed Elements: What Good is Tech If You Don’t Know How to Make the Most of It?